I got this recipe from my Taste of Home cookbook, but I changed a lot of it. Here is my take on this dish.
Ingredients:
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2-3 tablespoons milk
4 eggs
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
2 stalks green onion, finely chopped
2 tubes (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
Servings: 24 mini quiches
1. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the eggs, cheese, and onions and mix well.
2. Grease 2 muffin tins (each with 12 cups). Use 2/3 of a triangle of dough and press it into the bottom and up the sides of a muffin tin cup. Repeat for the remaining cups.
3. Sprinkle half of the bacon (1/2 tsp for each cup) into the cups.
4. Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 375F for 18-22 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Serve warm.
WARNING: I found that I had to turn the oven down and cook them for longer. This could just be due to the types of pans I was using or our elevation or our oven. Who knows? Anyway, watch them carefully the first time you make these. Enjoy!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment